Back to postings
Claims Administration Manager
Department: Claims Administration
Reports to: Claims Administration Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Claims Administration Manager to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Responsible for daily operations of the Claims Administration Department including monitoring and directing workflow, hiring, scheduling and allocating resources, and supervising staff to ensure claims are processed accurately within established guidelines and time frames.
- Advise Examiners on policies and procedures and answer questions related to claim review, approach and processing.
- Audit claim processing to ensure accuracy, quality and consistency of procedures and approach. Provide training, coaching, and feedback of results.
- Review and authorize payment requests above examiners’ limits
- Monitor Claims Examiners’ calls to ensure call quality, accuracy of information and that all required scripts are followed.
- Review, analyze and report on monthly complaint reports and claimant surveys, which feed into TuGo’s KPIs.
- In collaboration with supervisors, utilize complaint reports and claimant surveys to identify and implement opportunities for improvement and additional training.
- Complete outbound calls to claimant survey respondents who requested contact regarding their claim.
- Work with the Learning Centre to create learning content, courses and reference materials for new examiner training and for ongoing training of existing examiners.
- Train all new examiners on policy wordings and claim processing procedures. This includes review of claim files, cheques and letters for accuracy and completeness until probation is successfully completed.
- Develop procedures & guidelines for claims processing and ensure team is properly trained.
- Create and conduct monthly training/review sessions on product and procedures, as workflow permits.
- Act as point person with BIS to provide training for new products and product updates, to ensure consistency among all teams.
- Create reliable training and development measures, analyze, report and act upon results to ensure performance standards are achieved.
- Liaise with the Tech Team to develop and implement systems to increase efficiency and to support departmental needs.
- Gather and analyze datafor special projects needing claims information.
- Lead monthly department-wide claims meetings.
- Complete reports on various claim statistics and KPIs.
- Create a high performing, engaged team by effectively using performance management.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle escalated issues.
- Optimize the customer experience throughout the department through innovation and improved processes.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Promote a learning culture by supporting team learning opportunities and by building your own professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in business or a related discipline
- 5+ years of successful claims-related leadership experience in a supervisor or manager role
- Excellent analytical skills combined with curiosity, detail oriented, decision-making and problem solving abilities and ability to articulate rationale
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand TuGo’s insurance policies and apply knowledge and judgment in assessing claims
- Medical terminology is an important asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in the organization to achieve results
- Successful project planning and organization skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and a champion of new software solutions
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead a customer experience focus
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings