Back to postings
Department: Claims Administration
Reports to: Claims Administration Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Claims Examiner to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
What you'll do
- Process claim files according to Company policies and procedures. This involves reviewing claims for completeness and compliance with policy coverage, and recommending acceptance or denial of claim.
- Follow up with travellers/providers if claim requires additional information (e.g. medical history, medical records, itemized bills, miscellaneous information, etc.).
- Process payments and/or denials to travellers and/or providers.
- Set up request for payment from provincial medical plans and extended health plans as required. Tracks payments received and close file.
- Provide claim information when needed in order to help resolve traveller inquiries.
- Assist travellers to complete claim forms and answers any questions (e.g. how to make a claim, explaining status of existing claim and/or why a claim was denied).
- Provide backup telephone support for Medical Assistance Department as required.
- On occasion, may act as liaison between TuGo’s medical staff and insured, family etc.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- 1 to 2 years of post-secondary education in a business-related field of study
- Level 2 Insurance Adjuster’s license or Level 2 General Insurance License preferred
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of policy wordings to accurately process claim files
- Previous experience assessing claims an asset
- Experience in customer service role an asset
- Strong interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Well organized, very detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Second language is an asset preferably French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese, with written and verbal fluency
- Criminal record check is a requirement of the position as required by insurance councils for licensing
- Once fully trained, work schedule will include some non-business hour shifts (weekend and evening shifts)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings