Back to postings
Emergency Medical Assistance Coordinator
Reports to: Assistance Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for an Emergency Medical Assistance Coordinator to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Demonstrate care and compassion while managing a varied and complex caseload of hospitalizations (24-hour emergency medical and non-medical support).
- Act as the liaison between the insured and all other parties (facility, physicians, family etc.).
- Accurately record, analyze and explain complex policy and coverage information to a variety of parties.
- Participate in reporting of hospitalizations statistics and monthly reserves.
- Accurately research, verify and document network rates for repricing.
- Effectively troubleshoot complications that arise during the management of an active hospitalization and/or transfer.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with team members, other teams and external providers.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Assist the Clerical & Cost Management Departments as required.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of experience in customer service preferably a contact centre providing emergency assistance preferred
- Degree or Diploma in business or medical related field an asset
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information to make quality decisions under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance policy wordings to assistance work
- Emergency assistance or medical experience preferred
- Familiarity with Medical terminology an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (early morning, afternoon, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts) and willing to work on-call
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings