Back to postings
Emergency Medical Assistance Coordinator
Reports to: Assistance Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for an Emergency Medical Assistance Coordinator to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate care and compassion while managing a varied and complex caseload of hospitalizations (24-hour emergency medical and non-medical support).
- Act as the liaison between the insured and all other parties (facility, physicians, family etc.).
- Accurately record, analyze and explain complex policy and coverage information to a variety of parties.
- Participate in reporting of hospitalizations statistics and monthly reserves.
- Accurately research, verify and document network rates for repricing.
- Effectively troubleshoot complications that arise during the management of an active hospitalization and/or transfer.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with team members, other teams and external providers.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Assist the Clerical & Cost Management Departments as required.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of experience in customer service preferably a contact centre providing emergency assistance preferred
- Degree or Diploma in business or medical related field an asset
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information to make quality decisions under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance policy wordings to assistance work
- Emergency assistance or medical experience preferred
- Familiarity with Medical terminology an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (early morning, afternoon, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts) and willing to work on-call
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings