Back to postings
Senior Marketing Communications Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Communications & Brand Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Senior Marketing Communications Specialist to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
Copywriting and Editing
- Develop effective and dynamic content for a variety of projects, tasks and deliverables, including promotional copy, corporate communications, tools and presentation materials, blog, online and print content.
- Manage, maintain and encourage internal adoption of TuGo’s Writing Guide.
- Ensure TuGo standards for copy in all marketing communications print and web initiatives are adhered to. Ensure brand integrity for all lines of business.
- Check copy for consistencies in overall presentation in terms of tone, font, format and accuracy of information.
- Edit and proof copy for spelling, grammar, punctuation and adherence to established corporate writing guidelines.
- Use Business Support Request checklists, creative briefs and meetings to capture accurate information to deliver effective communications that resonate.
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with Creative Services.
Blog Calendar Administration
- Administer blog calendar, coordinate work for blog writing team, adjust timelines and topics to maintain a timely, flexible schedule.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to coordinate blog topics and blogger outreach program.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop original and curated content.
Project Management and Planning
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders to translate marketing communications strategies into viable creative concepts in collaboration with team members.
- Create tools and best practices allowing TuGo and its business units to communicate effectively to employees, partners, & customers.
- Use Creative Briefs to capture accurate information and deliver effective results.
- Use project management techniques to ensure delivery of projects on time and according to plan.
- Coordinate with other departments, so customers receive the best experience possible, at every touchpoint.
- Mentor junior team members and delegate tasks as required.
- Support copywriters where needed.
- Proactively research marketing and promotional opportunities related to TuGo’s products and services.
- Initiate and implement external-facing communications and activities in alignment with the company’s objectives.
- Support Manager in executing campaigns, unforeseen events and crisis management.
- Work with team members to research and develop opportunities to build media and industry contacts in support of marketing plans and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Write, pitch and distribute media releases.
- Seek out brand-building opportunities, speaking engagements and sponsorships.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Communications or Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, marketing, or public relations
- Excellent knowledge of copywriting principles and English grammar
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse priorities, with the ability to build cooperative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled in taking a project from concept to completion, project management experience an asset
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to articulate thoughts/ideas clearly and solve problems
- Superior presentation skills
- Experience with desktop publishing software, content management systems, and customer relationship management software an asset
- Skilled in the use of web-based technologies
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings