Back to postings
Senior Systems Administrator
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Administer enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems for development, test and production using VMWare, vSphere, Amazon Web Services in a highly available 24/7 environment.
- Perform pro-active system monitoring to ensure high degree of system reliability, security and availability for various applications real-time and scheduled jobs supporting business operations.
- Improve and develop system logging, alerting and monitoring infrastructure.
- Plan, deploy, support and administer email server, security, remote connectivity, disaster recovery (backups, off-site storage, failure notification).
- Assist with the planning and optimization of the research and development infrastructure, software development and testing tools.
- Assist with supporting an environment that supports continuous delivery.
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation.
- Assist with operational database administration and support.
- Coordinate and perform annual security audits.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, incident response, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- A university degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent technical experience
- Solid knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience with Linux administration and development especially in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x/7.x required, along with Apache and Java application servers
- Strong and well-rounded background in networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching)
- Experience with Windows Server and services such as Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, DNS, DHCP, DFS, NPS
- Virtualization experience, VMWare 6.x, VSphere and Nimble Network Storage
- Knowledge of security equipment and tools such as Firewalls (Sophos, FortiGate, etc.), AV and end-point protection
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch, Infrastructure as a code
- Experience with Cloud Native and Hybrid Cloud architecture
- Experience with application monitoring software such as SumoLogic, NewRelic, Nagios
- Experience with security tools such as Red Hat IDM, OpenVPN, DUO MFA
- Knowledge and experience with PCI DSS or NIST framework
- Understanding of OWASP web app security principals
- Experience with scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Familiar with configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with deploying applications via Jenkins to JBoss, Tomcat, and tuning JVMs
- Knowledge of software development processes including version control and source code management (Git, Bitbucket)
- Linux Certification (Linux+, RHCE, LPIC, etc.) is an asset
- CCNA, CCNP, AWS, MCSA/MCSE, Kubernetes, and Docker Certification is an asset
- Experience with RESTful API’s is an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available on call for 24x7 coverage as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings