Back to postings
Department: Enterprise Systems
Reports to: Enterprise Systems Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
TuGo’s Enterprise Systems department builds innovative software solutions using modern and leading edge computing technologies to support customer facing solutions, organization wide processes and information flows, data analysis and reporting. As part of the team, you’ll play an active role in contributing creative and fresh ideas, working with experienced developers and designers who love solving complex requirements.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
What you'll do
You are a Software Developer who is passionate about developing clean, efficient and high quality code. You are a great communicator and someone who takes initiative to see projects through from start to finish. As a Software Developer you understand the importance of team work, collaboration and delivering high quality work on schedule.
You have the ability to see the big picture: you are focused on analytics, prioritizing the needs of the business, and always thinking of the end users. You are interested in using open source technologies to build high performance, scaleable and secure distributed enterprise systems to support synchronous and asynchronous workflows.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software in an agile environment.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Provide solutions to senior tech team for review and alignment with business goals, technology principles and best practices.
- Provide quality assurance testing.
- Contribute creative and fresh ideas that will help advance the technical quality of our back-end systems.
- Solve complex problems by leading analysis and development of solutions.
- Perform regular, formal and informal code reviews to ensure standards are being met.
- Maintain best practices for secure handling of confidential data.
- Analyze system performance metrics to make improvements
- Perform maintenance and make enhancements to existing applications.
- Monitor continuous integration and ensure applications build stability.
- Help produce technology demonstrations to key stakeholders.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Experience working in an agile environment practicing TDD and Continuous Delivery
- Proficient in Java enterprise technology: Java, RestFul APIs, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Elastic Search, Redis, Drools
- Good relational and NoSql data modeling experience to represent and support business processes
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as Microservices, API gateway, Reactive, Event Driven/Storming and Messaging
- Good understanding of how web semantics translate into a REST API
- Familiar with security standards such as PCI, OAuth2, OpenID/SAML, JWT Tokens
- Familiar using Git version control and SourceTree
- Exposure to technologies such as Couchbase, Mongo, Hadoop, Kafka, Akka, Spark an asset
- Familiar with a web framework such as Grails, Node.js, Meteor, Play, Bootstrap, Angular
- Previous Scrum or Kanban training considered an asset
- Familiar with cloud computing platforms Azure, Amazon
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings