Back to postings
Department: Enterprise Systems
Reports to: Enterprise Systems Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Software Developer to join our Richmond, BC team!
TuGo’s Enterprise Systems department builds innovative software solutions using modern and leading edge computing technologies to support customer facing solutions, organization wide processes and information flows, data analysis and reporting. As part of the team, you’ll play an active role in contributing creative and fresh ideas, working with experienced developers and designers who love solving complex requirements.
What you'll do
You are a Software Developer who is passionate about developing clean, efficient and high quality code. You are a great communicator and someone who takes initiative to see projects through from start to finish working in all areas of the software engineering lifecycle. As a Software Developer you understand the importance of team work, collaboration and delivering high quality work.
You can see the big picture, focused on analytics, prioritizing business and technical needs, and always thinking of the end users. You love open source technologies and tools to build high performance, scaleable and secure distributed systems to support synchronous and asynchronous workflows.
Specifically you will:
- Analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software in an agile environment.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Provide solutions to senior tech team for review and align with business goals, technology principles and best practices.
- Provide quality assurance testing.
- Contribute creative and fresh ideas that will help advance the technical quality of our systems.
- Solve complex problems by leading analysis and development of technical solutions, with scalability, performance, and maintainability in mind.
- Perform regular, formal and informal code reviews to ensure standards are being met.
- Maintain best practices for secure handling of confidential data.
- Continuously analyze system performance metrics to make improvements.
- Perform maintenance and make enhancements to existing applications.
- Monitor continuous integration and ensure applications build stability.
- Help produce technology demonstrations to key stakeholders.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Experience working in an agile environment practicing TDD
- Proficient in Java development stack and related technologies such as Rest APIs, Spring Boot, Rule Engines, Hibernate, Elastic Search, Redis, Kafka
- Proficient with a web framework such as Grails, Node.js, Meteor, Play, Bootstrap, Angular
- Good relational and NoSql data modeling experience to represent and support business processes
- Familiar with modern distributed design patterns such as microservices, API gateway, reactive architecture and event driven systems
- Proficient in developing developer friendly, intuitive, well documented APIs on service domains
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms Amazon, Azure or Google
- Familiar with security standards and technologies such as PCI, JWT, OAuth2, OpenID/SAML
- Familiar using Git version control and SourceTree
- Experience with the following is an asset: Flutter, React Native, React, and APIs & Web Services
- Exposure to technologies such as AWS, Couchbase, Mongo, Hadoop, Akka, Spark an asset
- Previous Scrum or Kanban training considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings