Business Services Specialist
: Business & Insurance Services
: Business Services Senior Manager
: Richmond, BC
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Business Services Specialist to join our Richmond, BC team!
You coordinate projects within the department as well as coordinate business service requests across departments. You set up products in the sales systems, complete UAT for rate and business rules, and develop and document business rules during development of new products and processes. You handle the ongoing communication with other departments related to technical product support.
- Complete project coordination of Business and Insurance Services tasks for projects and ad hoc requests. Liaise with Project Managers, Business and Insurance Services teams to ensure tasks are completed within specified timelines. Update and maintain Business and Insurance Services resource schedule as needed.
- Coordinate Business Service Requests with other departments in development of documentation, estimates, schedules, communication and launch plans within specified timelines.
- Product Setup: create, maintain, and document product elements and agreement bundles in the policy sales system.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Develop, run and coordinate rate and business rule test plans for the policy sales system, and websites whenever product changes are scheduled.
- Develop product business rules and amendments to provide applicable departments with product/rate information.
- Manage ad hoc maintenance service requests for the Insurance Services Team.
- Respond to questions and help resolve issues from other departments related to technical product support and processes.
- Assist with writing and updating all SOPs for Business Services.
- Coordinate client meetings including preparing agendas, writing minutes and follow-up on action items.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in business or a related discipline
- 2+ years of successful project coordination or management
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Excellent organization and planning skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Project is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of TuGo products and knowledge of the Canadian insurance industry are assets
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement