Acting Assistance Supervisor (Internal Posting Only)
6 Month Contract
: Assistance Manager
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for an Acting Assistance Supervisor (Internal Posting Only) to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
- Schedule and coordinate work for Case Managers and Case Coordinators to ensure adequate coverage is always available.
- Train and mentor new Case Managers and Case Coordinators.
- Ensure training manuals and ISO processes are documented and updated as needed.
- Responsively, effectively and independently handle escalated calls or emails in a timely manner.
- Proactively improve customer experience in all aspects of the department; innovate to improve workflow, document processes and create innovative solutions to logistical issues.
- Demonstrate care and compassion while managing a varied and complex caseload of hospitalizations (24-hour emergency medical and non-medical support).
- Act as the liaison between the insured and all other parties (facility, physicians, family etc.).
- Accurately record, analyze and explain complex policy and coverage information to a variety of parties.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all other teams.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise in planned, measurable ways.
- Promote a learning culture by supporting team learning opportunities and by building your own professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in business or medical related field
- 7+ years of experience in customer service, preferably a contact centre providing emergency medical assistance
- Prior case management experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information to make quality decisions under pressure
- Ability to speak/read French and/or Spanish an asset
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance policy wordings to assistance work
- Emergency assistance or medical experience preferred
- Familiarity with Medical terminology an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (early morning, afternoon, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts) and willing to work on-call
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel