: Assistance Director
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Case Coordinator to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
- Demonstrate care and compassion while managing a varied and complex caseload of hospitalizations (24-hour emergency medical and non-medical support).
- Act as the liaison between the insured and all other parties (facility, physicians, family etc.).
- Accurately record, analyze and explain complex policy and coverage information to a variety of parties.
- Participate in reporting of hospitalizations statistics and monthly reserves.
- Accurately research, verify and document network rates for repricing.
- Effectively troubleshoot complications that arise during the management of an active hospitalization and/or transfer.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with team members, other teams and external providers.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Assist the Clerical & Cost Management Departments as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma in business or medical related field an asset
- 5+ years of experience in customer service preferably a contact centre providing emergency assistance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information to make quality decisions under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance policy wordings to assistance work
- Emergency assistance or medical experience preferred
- Familiarity with Medical terminology an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (early morning, afternoon, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts) and willing to work on-call
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel