1 Year Contract
: Technology Ops Team Lead
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a QA Analyst to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
We are looking for QA Analyst (1 Year Contract) who will bring fresh ideas. The ideal candidate likes to look at the big picture: they are focused on analytics, prioritizing the needs of the business, and always thinking of the end users. You are interested in using open source technologies to build high quality distributed enterprise systems and applications to support our growing travel insurance business.
Our TechOps team aims to provide the best-in-class systems operations to both internal and external users, focusing on delivering great user experience, higher software quality. As part of the team, you will play an important role in quality assurance processes, test automation and will have the opportunity to work with smart people who love solving complex customer requirements.
- Identify innovative ways to verify software functionality and locate software defects, finding issues which the customer may otherwise find later.
- Create deliverables such as test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test coverage matrices.
- Conduct functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, and performance/load testing.
- Investigate and apply QA tools, processes and utilize QA best practices. Help define QA strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Help ensure a smooth running Continuous Integration process and product release.
- Evaluate and execute manual and automated test cases ensuring traceability back to business and technical specifications.
- Define and implement quality assurance metrics for performance improvement.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming production applications’ queries and issues.
- Provide maintenance support in resolving code defects and improving software capabilities.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 1-2 years’ experience quality assurance experience or software development or working knowledge of software development lifecycle and software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of testing from integration testing to acceptance testing using both positive and negative test strategies, and performance and load testing
- Working experience with version control, continuous integration and automated software testing tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, SoapUI, JMeter
- Experience with Java and related libraries/tools such as Gradle, JUnit, TestNG, Spring
- Experience testing REST API web services and web applications an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check