Regional Account Manager
: Business Development
: National Director, Business Development
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Regional Account Manager to join our team, in our Alberta office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
- Develop and maintain a personal sales and marketing strategy ensuring its alignment with department and corporate business plans.
- Identify opportunities and represent TuGo in new business acquisition of key/national accounts; develop relationships at head office level.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals and presentations to large existing or prospective clients emphasizing the benefits and suitability of current products.
- On occasion, may assist with the development of new products to meet unique needs of key clients.
- Represent TuGo with respect to licensing and regulatory issues and in industry associations.
- Attend and assist with the coordination of sales-related functions such as trade shows for brokers, auto clubs, credit unions and travel agents.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the current market environment including knowledge of primary competitors and their products.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in business or a related discipline, or equivalent industry education (CAIB, CIP, CHS, CLU designations)
- 5+ years of progressive sales experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- Thorough understanding of insurance distribution in either the property & casualty or financial services markets
- Results-oriented, innovative problem-solver
- Strong negotiating and selling skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian travel insurance industry/competitive market place is an asset
- Self-motivated with the capability to work independently to achieve targets
- Very strong organizational and time management skills
- Level 1 Insurance License (Level 2 preferred) and Accident & Sickness Licence
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel approximately 25% of time
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and the ability to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel