Senior Actuarial Analyst
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
- Independently build models to identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in sales and claims data.
- Proactively evaluate the rating assumptions and suggest updates based on the emerging claims experience.
- Forecast and report on financial performance of the insurance book of business.
- Review the rate levels to achieve the target profitability metrics for the products.
- Review and maintain the rating structure for the products to achieve the desired risk selection.
- Help determine the cost estimates for new product features.
- By reviewing loss reserve development, suggest improved algorithms to determine appropriate levels of loss reserves.
- Design, develop and maintain automated reporting dashboards (in collaboration with the Tech Team) to be on top of emerging trends.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science
- Solid knowledge of actuarial principles, 5+ years of related experience
- ASA/ACAS or near completion
- Expert in data manipulation and analysis
- Experience building rating models for travel, health, or P&C
- Experience using statistical software such as R, Rapid Miner or SPSS
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interpret results and present ideas/decisions clearly
- High level of personal integrity and self-accountability
- Demonstrated creativity to identify and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel