Senior DevOps Engineer
: Enterprise Systems
: DevOps Team Lead
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
TuGo’s Enterprise Systems department builds innovative software solutions using modern and leading edge computing technologies to support customer facing solutions, organization wide processes and information flows, data analysis and reporting. As part of the team, you’ll play an active role in contributing creative and fresh ideas, working with experienced developers and designers who love solving complex requirements.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
You will work closely with the Development teams. You are passionate about automation, development lifecycle improvement, and being the bridge between infrastructure and development. You embrace the concept of the software defined datacenter and are prepared to scale your systems on demand. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the effort to architect a cloud environment that supports continuous delivery.
- Collaborate and work in an agile team to design, develop, deliver solutions with high degree of quality.
- Proactive system monitoring of business critical applications
- Work and communicate with other teams to bridge the gaps and bring consistency in the deployments and builds.
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self-services solutions for other teams.
- Containerize TuGo development and create build pipelines.
- Contribute to technology roadmap with senior tech leadership.
- Work with developers on systems architecture improvements including microservices and bring improvements to overall DevOps operations.
- Review nightly builds to determine the impact of configuration and application changes to performance.
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Administer enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems for development, test and production using VMWare, VSphere, Amazon Web Services in a Highly-Available 24/7 environment.
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, incident response, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Coordinate and perform annual security audits.
- Assists with operational database administration and support.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Solid knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with AWS administration particularly ELB, BeanStalk, EC2 and S3
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications desired
- Strong and well-rounded background in network, host (RedHat/CentOS) and application security
- Expertise in at least on system integration and management tools such as Ansible, Puppet configuration management tool expertise
- Virtualization experience, VMWare 5.x, VSphere
- Familiar with at least one build automation tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
- Experience with deploying applications to Tomcat or JBoss and tuning the JVM
- Strong Linux administration and development
- Language experience with any of: Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and MySQL administration and tuning
- Knowledge of software development processes including revision control and source code management (Git, Mercurial, CVS)
- Experience with application monitoring software such as New Relic
- Knowledge and experience with PCI DSS or CSAE 3416 / SSAE16 compliance processes
- Understanding of OWASP web app security principals
- Application Development in a PCI Compliant environment
- Knowledge of security tools such as Trend Micro Deep Security 9, Sophos UTM 9
- Knowledge of log management tools like Splunk
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being purposeful, achievement-oriented, cohesive, evolutionary and treating others as you want to be treated
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check