Back to postings
IT Helpdesk Administrator
Department: Digital Services
Reports to: Digital Services Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for an IT Helpdesk Administrator to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Provide and prioritize first level support and coordinate service desk requests.
- Provide day-to-day administration and operational support for Windows and MAC.
- Complete requests for PC support service in a timely manner. This includes setting up new PCs via imaging software, creating accounts, providing access to different applications, etc.
- Complete requests for phone system support in a timely manner. This includes setting up new accounts in our Asterisk PBX, configure phones, setup voicemail, etc.
- Follow instructions to solve frequent problems when they arise.
- Coordinate computer equipment repairs with service providers as required.
- Provide users training when required.
- Purchase hardware/software with our providers.
- Manage hardware and software inventory.
- Install software via Desktop Central when required.
- Create and deploy system images.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Diploma or certificate in computing & information technology
- 1+ years of direct frontline technical support experience an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows, Active Directory, Office 365
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with MAC is an asset
- Requires excellent customer service skills, specifically the ability to deal effectively with end users
- Requires ability to work independently and to increase knowledge and skills through self-learning
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available on call
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings