Call Centre Agent / Licensed Insurance Advisor
: Customer Service
: Customer Service Supervisor
: Richmond, BC
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Call Centre Agent / Licensed Insurance Advisor to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
- Create and maintain positive traveller/partner relationships by responding to questions over the phone.
- Respond to partner requests for product information, clarify policy wording, and confirm rate calculations.
- Process partner requests for renewals, extensions and upgrades.
- Sell and cross-sell TuGo’s products in accordance with established procedures and scripts.
- Remain up-to-date on all insurance products, procedural changes, industry information, and the computer and phone systems.
- Respond to phone inquiries regarding coverage and how to make a claim.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Degree or diploma in business or other discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in a call centre or customer service environment
- Verbal and written fluency in an additional language, preferably French or another language such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, or Korean, is an important asset
- Successful completion of Level One Insurance Licence (within 1 month of start date)
- A passion for getting the details correct
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge of policy wording to accurately sell policies and provide service to travellers
- Ability to pass a criminal record check as required by insurance councils for licensing
- Ability to work our 9:30-6:00 M-F shift (37.5hrs/wk)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Contact Centre Hours (Pacific time): M-F 6-6; Sat 7-4. Sat = rotation. Schedules do not change unless required.